Brian was part of the highly successful sixties band the Shake Spears, a group
of white Rhodesians who were adopted by Albert Van Hoogten, the manager for the
Belgian record label Ronnex. They have scored some hits with "Shake it over"
in 1965 and "Summertime" in 1966.
In the Shake Spears there were two lead singers : Brian and Gene Latter. After
the split-up of the band, they both got a solo career.
Brian debuted with Poinciana (number 5 in the Belgian top 30). His biggest
hit however was the third single "Give and take". The singles "Come
back girl" and "Cara-Lin" also made it into the hitparades, after
which Brian slowly started to vanish from the stage.
Gene Latter has had a hit in 1971 with "Catch my soul" but has gone
from bad to worse (eg. the 1978 disco single "John Travolta, you are a superstar").
Platen (The Shake Spears)
- Summertime (Tornado, 1966)
- Brian (Ronnex, 1968)
- Brian (Ronnex, 1969)
- Poinciana - Do-dum-dum (Ronnex, 1968)
- Look at me - I'm gonna love you (Ronnex, 1968)
- Give and take - And I love her (Ronnex, 1968)
- Come back girl - If I had my way (Ronnex, 1968)
- I will stay - Too late for tears (Ronnex, 1969)
- The girl who plays the bass guitar - Half hearted (Ronnex, 1969)
- Cara-Lin - Time (Ronnex, 1969)
- Money and love - Just a little more (Ronnex, 1969)
- The Rainmaker - World of evergreen (MCA, 1970)
Watch it : This site pays royalties, and was built and maintained in
accordance with the terms and conditions negotiated with SABAM,
the Belgian society of copyright-holders. Consultation of this site is free, but
this exludes downloading, reproducing or public performance of any part of this
site. Please do not copy. Link!