Belgian Band of the early seventies.
a beautiful day"
39,0 sec. - 77 Kb.
song : Sergius
Produced : B. v/d Laar
Year : 1970
Record co. : Philips
Performed country music in the style of The Band, The Byrds and the Flying
Burrito Brothers and enjoyed some success for a while.
Group was founded by Serge Demol, who already played country music as early
as 1966 with the group Buddy & The Shamrocks and the single "Paris for
me / What kinda man".
Their debut-single "It's a beautiful day" (in "Wit-lof from
Belgium" it is called one of the best Belgian singles of all time)
becomes an instant hit. The successor "Cajun music" failed to answer
the raised expectations and the group was finished.
Best known members where Erik van Neygen and Mich
Verbeelen (who joined the backing band of Raymond van
het Groenewoud). Firmin Michiels went on and joined Kris
Serge Demol went on, reformed a Pendulum in 1974 with Jelle Nachtergaele and
the Brit John Colston. A failed single "A song for you" was the only
result. Later on, he formed a group called Transit that released an album in 1977
called "First Ride".
- Firmin Michiels (Banjo, Fingerpicking)
- Arthur Huysveld (Pedal-steel)
- Mich Verbeelen (Bass)
- Serge Demol (Keyboards, vocals)
- Erik Van Neygen (Guitar, vocals)
- Mike Desmedt (drums)
Releases (only singles):
- It's a beautiful day / for you (Philips, 1970)
- Early morning rain / Cajun Music (CBS, 1971)
- A song for you / Here we go again (EMI, 1974)
- none found
- Read the messages/questions about Pendulum
- Add your message, question, cd- or concertreview
... about Pendulum