History of the site (from the newest to the old).
Remember : The PopTelex-section (news, sites, releases,
contests ...) is fresh & new on an almost daily basis !!
May 5, 2002
- At this moment only the poptelex on this website is being updated. The bio's, cd-reviews and the forum are still available on this website, but will gradually be transferred to www.muziekcentrum.be. For each bio that will be updated in the future, a link will be placed to www.muziekcentrum.be, where new bio's also will be available.
February 5, 2002
The Belgian Pop & Rock Archives website is now entrusted to the Flanders Music Centre. The Flanders Music Centre is a music information centre established by the Flemish government. More information about the centre can be found on its website, www.muziekcentrum.be.
The Belgian Pop & Rock Archives website will maintain its place on the web untill further notice. Some items on the website will gradually be replaced by items (such as 'news', 'links', 'charts') of www.muziekcentrum.be. The biographies and cd-reviews written by Dirk Houbrechts however will be kept available. In the main time the Flanders Music Centre is developing a new exhaustive website with lots of information on Flemish music. Future plans are too merge the content of both websites. Feel free to contact the Flanders Music Centre (at firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about both websites
December 16, 2001
The end (read the message in the Telex for more).
- New bio written about Marc Moulin (and Placebo,
Sam Suffy etc ...)
- New page in the archive: Fence
- Searching the site has changed somewhat: because it keeps on growing so much,
I had to make three "collections" which you can search : bio's, cd's
and news. Might take you a little bit longer to search, however now everything
is indexed again.
- new cd-review : DAAU "Life Transmission"
- new cd-review : Groep Jezus "Turn up Speed
or Show me Love"
August 15, 2001
- new feature in the forum : the startpage
has list of the most recent messages, including those that recently got
a response from someone. Check it out, daily.
- New cd-review : Bar8 "Dwarfish Spectacles"
- and another one : Fluxus "N.O.E."
August 9, 2001
- the July edition of the Belpoptop is online
March 27, 2001
After a long silence on the What's New page: the return of the What's new page
(if you must know: the long pause was used to give the site a major overhaul,
and a few new extra's - reworked forum, an MP3-page,
mores items under each alphabet-letter ...).
Other new items during these months are a bunch of CD-reviews, which you can all
find on their normal spot : the cd-reviews page.
October 9, 2000
- Added a page about the eighties band Kid Montana
(Jean-Marc Lederman & Dudley Klute)
- Added a few items to the "the press about this site"-page
(Inside Internet Award, interview in Weekkrant ...)
September 24, 2000 :
Most of the links to the Frontstage CD-shop have disappeared from the site, because
I'm totally fed up with their service. So I'm not referring you to their shop
anymore to purchase Belgian music, but to Proxis
September 12, 2000
- added a new demo-page, about the band Mildew.
4 september 2000
- another new cd presented, the Squeeze-pop of Aiming
August 9, 2000
added an interview with Olivier Adams & Maurice Engelen of Praga
Khan to the interviews section
August 7, 2000
- added a little review of "Seriewoordenaar" by rapcrew ABN
July 31, 2000
- added a review of the El Fish album "Wisteria"
July 26, 2000
added a chat from Frontstage with Luc de Vos of Gorki to the Interviews
July 24, 2000
lost track of this page for a while, but there have been some new pages without
this page mentioning it:
- cd-review of Jaune Toujours with Brusk.
- demo-page about the band Barn Wolf
- cd-review of Thou's brilliant cd "Put us
- cd-review of the dancebeats of Buscemi on "Our
Girl in Havana"
- cd-review of the wacky songs of Kamagurka
on "De Tactloze Top 30"
June 13, 2000
- Added the first breakthrough-band of the year 2000 : Rumplestitchkin
- Changed the search-engine you can use from the bottom of your screen. Less pub.
March 19, 2000
- added a page abous sixties' folk-duo Miek &
March 12, 2000
- Added a bio of Vive La Fête (dEUS-bass-player
& his girlfriend)
- Added a review of "Attaque Surprise"
of ... Vive La Fête.
- Added a new page in the archive about fifties-diva Jo
November 1, 1999
- Added a bio for the wild and wonderful An Pierlé.
- Added a transcript of an interview with me that
was broadcasted last week on Radio Vlaanderen Internationaal.
- Updated the La Muerte page (new sounds too)
- Updated the Pitti Polak bio (new sounds too)
October 25, 1999
- Added a review of "Borlon" by the chansonnier vitriolique Daniel
- Added a review of "D-Day" by the D-Regulators.
October 24, 1999
- Added a page about the mixed-up band Soul Sucker.
- Added a page about the eternal rhythm'n boogie of Give
- Added an interview with Roos van Acker & Philip Madou of Eden
to the site.
July 23, 1999
- Added a new section to the website, "charts",
with info on the main hitparades in Belgium. Not only that, we've also started
our very own chart, the BelpopTop, containing
the 20 best current pop & rock songs in Belgium. You can vote on who's in
it and on what place, and you might win a CD in doing so.
July 18th, 1999
- The full-text search-function is now with another search engine, that returns
much cleaner results than the one I was using earlier.
July 13th, 1999
- Added a page about Katou, a talented female piano-vocalist
that will launch her debut-single next week.
July 12th, 1999
- Added a review of "Trio Dor", a classical
trio that made it's debut album in conjunction with Radio 3.
July 8th, 1999
- Added a page about Kamino, a brand new band (formerly
"Sven Nijs") that will debut next month.
July 7th, 1999
- Added a page about the cd "Autonome" by JMX
(aka Jean-Marie Aerts & Friends)
Watch it : This site pays royalties, and was built and maintained in
accordance with the terms and conditions negotiated with SABAM,
the Belgian society of copyright-holders. Consultation of this site is free, but
this exludes downloading, reproducing or public performance of any part of this
site. Please do not copy. Link!